I haven’t posted a book haul since early December which was my October and November book haul. So, this haul will include December and January, which also includes books I got for Christmas!
I bought only 2 books for myself before the holidays because I knew I would be receiving books and gift cards were coming! The two books I bought myself were:
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
- You by Caroline Kepnes (You, #1)
And I got 5 books as gifts!
Gifts from my dad:
- In The Woods by Tana French (Dublin Murder Squad, #1)
- Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds, #1.5, #2.5, #3.5)
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
Gift from my sister:
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
Gift from my boyfriend:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: Illustrated Edition by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Jim Kay
Now we’re not even halfway through the month yet but this is what I have acquired so far. I didn’t pay cash for any of these books, they were either bought with credit I got for trading in books at Half Price Books or bought with gift cards at Barnes & Noble!
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (Passenger, #1)
- Confess by Colleen Hoover
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- UnBound by Neal Shusterman (Unwind Dystology collection of short stories)
- Soulless by Gail Carriger (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (Repurchased, signed hardcover!)
The amount of books I have bought in the past couple of months is slightly higher than the amount I have read but I am still happy about only having 13 books in this haul. Moving forward this year I would like for my number of books bought every month to be less than my number of books read!
If you’ve read any of these books please let me know what you thought!
What was the last book you purchased/received?